Ninety-two percent of women surveyed listed reducing domestic violence and sexual assault as their top concern
It is hard to decide to leave an abusive relationship. Having a safety plan ready can make your escape easier. CAAFA’s advocates will work with you to develop an individualized safety plan for you and your children. The following are some steps you can take in developing a personal safety plan:
- Call 911 if you are in danger.
- Teach your children how to call 911 for help.
- Make copies of important documents such as birth certificates, social security cards, medical papers, and legal papers. Store the documents outside your house in case you need to leave quickly.
- Hide extra car and house keys outside your house in case you need to leave quickly. Talk to someone safe about what is going on. He or she may be able to help.
- Choose a code word and give it to someone safe so they know when to call the police if you need immediate help.
- Know where to go when you decide to leave.
Our advocates can help you with a personalized safety plan. Please call 480-982-0205.